Friday, September 26, 2014

Glory glory, hallelujah since I laid my burden down. I can hear mom sing that song even though I had not heard her voice in years. How I miss you mother (she would say mother what lol every time). I remember the day so vividly. It was a beautiful sun shiny day. I was cleaning the liter box. My uncle called I missed the first call but he called back he said I needed to get there it was a code blue. I often have conversations with God and quickly the Holy spirit started ministering to me. My mom was a fighter but i knew she was tired. My mom was very scary, so I had been reading the Bible to her, playing gospel music and praying with her. I watched her as she looked out the window fearing what we knew was inevitable I would say just call on the name of Jesus you can do that right she would nod yes. I couldn't understand why I left my job when I did. I was not ready financially ...my 401k was really a 401 may......but this moment as I rushed to the hospital and God spoke again I am your source. I put out a 911 to you guys asking for prayer. My daughter wanted me to drive faster, but God said take your time. As I arrived they were working on her, her body coming up off the bed with every shock. I stood there but not really being there, my mind flooded with thoughts.....I shouted no screamed I TRUST YOU......my baby was, hysterical and my uncle stoic .....he loved his sister. I think he saw her everyday. My heart was heavy for our family. It would be hours before they pronounced her dead......but God kept ministering to me. I knew. Be strong Barbara, that was my mom speaking. . Remember all the things you spoke to me. I trusted God and I was standing on my faith. He has not failed me yet. I miss my mother so much . The dynamics of this family forever changed.....realizing today that she was the only reason we all really came together. I made her a promise and that I will keep. I miss you mommy!

No comments: