Tuesday, June 18, 2013

An open letter to my daddy...

Happy Fathers day daddy. Although I only met you briefly at the age of 38. I thank God he allowed us time together he knew it was not to late. I thank you for the love you showed me, cause I never knew who to be....see my mom said I was just like you....but you were a void to me. You were good to me and my children, you were someone I could see, when I looked in your eyes for the first time I thought Now it's okay to be me. No matter what your past looked like, no matter what you did Benjamin Franklin in my eyes you were the greatest man that ever lived. I love you but you knew that cause I told you with words, and showed you with my actions. I wish you could see me today daddy. All my life I longed to meet you and God saw fit to answer that prayer before you passed away even before I passed away. Happy Father's day daddy. I love saying daddy because I was denied the privilege of saying it for too long. I am crying as I type this but I am so happy

1 comment:

Laura said...

Thank you so much for sharing this with me Barbara. It was written so beautifully and reflects your precious heart. I'm sure your story is encouraging to those who have yet to meet their own parents and still have hope in their hearts that they will. <3