Thursday, December 23, 2010

LIFE AFTER THE CRACK OF DAWN

I want to write a book. I have talked about it for a while. Well, here are a few lines that I have penned. Tell me what you think. Perhaps you've already figured out the name of it. LIFE AFTER THE CRACK OF DAWN!

Faith is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1
You must have faith to fight the demons of addictions.
There is life after crack.
All of my life I’ve struggled with something, sexual abuse, domestic violence, no self esteem, and a crack addiction. What did I do to deserve this life? God will bring you through anything he brings to you. I was afraid early in life, the sexual abuse made me fearful. Afraid to live, and afraid to die. Being afraid kept me close to God, and I learned to pray and have faith at the early age of 5 when the sexual abuse started.
I always believed I operated under the radar. Never succeeding at anything, wanting success, but it always seemed to avoid me. I was a happy child outwardly, but on the inside there was always a conflict. All I ever really wanted was to be loved, and because of that I loved everybody surely someone would return this love to me and I would be happy.  This is the story of my life; the names have been changed to protect the innocent.  This book is a first; I am calling it a Fictography.  Some material is made up, and many things are true.
                                                           CHAPTER 1
She knew what he wanted but she had to play the game. Tina and Brandon had dated for about six years, and this was always the scene. Tina was truly in love with Brandon, but Brandon was a player. Let’s go back to when they first met. Tina was a lonely child who grew to be a lonely woman.  She was always the life of the party. “Hey hey hey” shouts Tina as she enters  the Dynasty Lounge. Marvin Gaye’s Mercy Mercy Me plays in the background. Everyone on the floor is grinding, and Tina wants to be a part of the action. She scans the crowd Brandon Douglas 6”2 220 pounds a six pack and a sandwich. He was fine, and Tina had to have him.
Tina was raised by her mother; she met her dad when she was 38 years old.  She lived with her mother and sister in an upstairs flat. Her great-aunt and an older male cousin who became her father figure lived downstairs. Uncle Herbert is what she affectionately called her cousin; he taught her a lot. He was always good to her and she loved him, and he loved her as well. Herbert did not have children of his own, so Tina was like his daughter. He taught her how to count, to say grace and to pray. Before Tina was in school she was sexually abused by an old man who lived down the street from her. She remembers being in his basement it smelled old and Mr. Moe smelled even older. Tina was a thumb sucker and Mr. Moe wanted Tina to take the thing out of his zipper
ENOUGH FOR NOW SO......WHAT SAY YOU KEEP WRITING OR KEEP MY DAY JOB?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW!! keep writing..if it' what you want go for it.. I do love the website as well

WE-WOMEN EMPOWERED said...

THANK YOU!

Unknown said...

I just KNOW you dont have the nerve to STOP right there. I'm going to need you to keep it going so I can read more. Or better yet, I'll come over & you can just let me read the whole story for myself.

Unknown said...

I want more!! Keep writing, this is good!! Thanks for giving the world this encouragement this is what the community needs.... I will need to read more......can we get a picture of Brandon? LOL

WE-WOMEN EMPOWERED said...

S&S thanks for the encouragement. I will continue this book until completion. I can't hurry it and really the story has already been told. Brandon walks by us everyday he is that guy that turns our head and makes our liver quiver. He is the one that we end up shaking our head saying un un un. Lawd have mercy. LOL